In the last articles, we discussed how to create a Windows 7 password reset disk before or after the password is forgotten. Here we’ll focus on how to use the created password reset disk when you forgot your Windows 7 password.
Option 1. If the Widows 7 password reset disk is created through control panel, you can follow the steps listed below to start Windows password reset.
1. Turn on your computer to go to the Windows screen. Click the target Windows 7 user.
2. In the password box, type in an incorrect password and click “OK.”
3. Wait for the prompt that your password is wrong. If you receive this prompt, click “Reset.” The Password Reset Wizard should guide you through the process. Click “Next.”
4. The Welcome screen of the Password Reset Wizard displays. Insert your password reset disk and then click. Click next button to continue.
5 Select the password reset disk (that you used while creating the reset disk) from the drop down box. Click next to proceed to the next step.
6. On the Reset the User Account Password screen enter a new password in the Type a new password edit box and again in the Type the password again to confirm edit box. If you want a hint to display below the Password box on the login screen, enter a hint for yourself in the Type a new password hint edit box. Click Next.
7. You are returned to the Windows login screen. Type your new password and press Enter to log in.
Option 2. If the Widows 7 password reset disk is created via the efficient Windows password recovery tool – Windows Password Breaker. When you forgot Windows 7 password, the below instructions are available for you.
1. Insert the burned bootable password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive to the password protected Windows 7 computer.
2. Set BIOS of the Windows 7 PC to boot from CD/DVD or USB.
3. You’ll see Windows Password Breaker under DOS. Then follow its instruction to reset Windows 7 password.
4. The computer will restart after password reset. Log on to Windows 7 without password after restarting.
These two ways by using Windows 7 password reset disk for your forgot Windows 7 password recovery is efficient, if you unluckily forgot your password, just view and follow these steps.